Main Presentation: Our Toxic World – Is It Making Us Sick? by Andrew Campbell, MD
Toxins are everywhere. They are in our personal care products, cleaning products, sofas, carpets, and clothes. Before a woman leaves the house she might have put on over one hundred toxic products. Most of these toxins have not been studied for their safety, and cause harm at doses lower than previously thought. They are synergistic causing greater harm when combined.
The US manufactures 70,000 different chemicals and makes five trillion pounds of toxins. Only 1500 of these toxins have been studied for toxic effects. Also in the US, 2.3 billion pounds of pesticides are produced and only 10 % of these pesticides are studied for toxicity
EXAMPLES OF TOXINS
- Gas fumes
- Fragrance candles
- Plug in sprays
- Fire retardant chemicals
- New car smell
- Airline interiors heavily sprayed
- In curtains, bedding materials, clothes (especially clothes for children)
- Toxins in the Home
- artificial flooring
- synthetic materials and fibers
- Many release formaldehyde
- Building materials plywood and gypsum, foam insulation in attic
- Personal level
- Toothpaste, perfume, cologne, shampoo, cosmetics
- Toothpaste tube states if 1 teaspoon is consumed, poison control center should be called.
About Andrew Campbell, MD
Andrew Campbell, MD was the Medical Director: Medical Center for Immune and Toxic Disorders in Woodlands, Texas (2000-2010) and the Medical Director of Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Center in Houston, Texas (1990-2000). Both of these clinics treated patients from all over the world. He was selected out of 720,000 to win the Patient’s Choice Award 2009-2014. He also won the Most Compassionate Doctor Award (2011); International Health Profession of the year: Outstanding Contribution to Clinical Toxicology”, Cambridge, England (2005) He is the Editor-in-Chief of several journals including” Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine; Advances in Mind-Body Medicine; The International Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine; and Natural Solutions. He speaks French, Spanish, Hungarian fluently and has conversational ability in Arabic and German.
Short Presentation: “The Importance of Diet to Prolong Life and Quality of Health” by Bernd Friedlander, DC
- Increase proteins with high proline, lysine, glycine, alanine amino acid content that have shown in studies to support tissue repair, wound healing, immune function, thyroid health, bone density, skin, arteries. Collagen is the ideal source from bone broth, gelatin.
- Reduce inflammatory proteins with high amounts of tryptophan, methionine and cysteine.
- Reduce polyunsaturated fats such as vegetable oils (soy, corn, safflower, sunflower, canola, cottonseed, etc) which lead to accelerated aging due to glycation, loss of elasticity of arteries, skin wrinkling, DNA and mitochondrial damage.
- Add the right saturated fats from coconut oil, palm oil, butter, cream, and olive oil that promote good health by supporting cognitive and hormonal functions.
- Discuss the right forms of exercise.
- Look at nutrients that support epigenetic factors, good genes vs bad genes and how to control them from switching on and off.
About Bernd Friedlander, DC
Bernd Friedlander, D.C., has a Bachelors Degree in Physical Education with emphasis in applied kinesiology from San Francisco State University, and a Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic. He has been involved in developing nutritional therapies since 1982. As result of his therapeutic formulas, he pioneered the research and use of nutrition and free form amino acids for improving athletic performance as a safe alternative to steroids.
For more info, read the newsletter.
NOTE: Meeting starts promptly at 7pm. Main speaker presentation begins at 7:20 p.m.